MASTER OF FUN
Laufey is our most clever and versatile bike. Instead of saying that Laufey is tailored for one type of rider, we're going to go ahead and claim this fun-loving machine is perfect for everyone. Laufey is omnipotent: it's a slack, simple trail bike that relishes new terrain. Laufey may be someone's first bike or their latest bike. It's inexpensive and attainable, and it's a niche bike that feels at home in even the most exclusive bike collection. It's for first-timers and expert shredders. Ride it in Lycra, shred it in jeans. Laufey is a jack-of-all-trades and master of fun with 29" wheels and a 140mm fork.
Maximum Capability and Speed
- For long, fast rides over varied terrain with the greatest versatility, 29" is the clear choice for Laufey.
- Wide 2.6" tires offer a bigger contact patch, which means more grip. More knobs are digging into the ground at any one time, increasing cornering and braking traction.
- Slacker head angle—great stability
- Lower bottom bracket—corners naturally
- Longer cockpit—room to move while maintaining balance
- Longer wheelbase—stability at high speeds
- Steep seat angle—proper pedaling position
- Short seat tube—for long dropper posts
- We manipulate the shapes and wall-thickness of our aluminum tubing to increase strength and resistance to unwanted flex. Many of the tubes are butted to save weight in the middle of the tubes, away from the stress of the joints and the weld zones.
- Using aluminum technologies as advanced as our carbon manufacturing ensures our aluminum bikes are never second-best.
- Laufey is designed to see a lot of action. While keeping the frame light, we aimed for the added durability required for a bike that will be ridden hard. Butted and hydroformed tubing ensures the burliness is where it's needed.
- To allow maximum tire clearance and offer great rigidity we created a proprietary chainstay yoke that is forged and then CNC finished to exact specs.
- It's not a new technology, but it's costly and we felt that a great solution was right for Laufey.
|Frame||Orbea Laufey Hydro 2020 Triple Butted 29" Boost 12x148 ISCG 05|
|Fork||Marzocchi Bomber Z2 140 QR15x110|
|Headset||FSA 1-1/8 - 1-1/2" Integrated|
Front: 110 x 15mm thru-axle
Rear: 148 x 12mm thru-axle
|Rims/Wheels||Orbea OC1 29c Tubeless Ready|
|Tires||Maxxis Forekaster 2.60" FB 60 TPI Dual Exo TR|
|Crankset||Shimano MT511 32t|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano SLX M7100 SGS Shadow Plus|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Sun Race 11-51t 12-Speed|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore M6100 I-Spec EV|
|Handlebars||OC1 35mm 12mm Rise 780mm|
|Stem||OC1 3D Forged 35mm interface 7º|
|Brakes||Shimano M6100 Hydraulic Disc|
|Saddle||Selle Royal 2043 HRN|
|Seat Post||OC2 Dropper 31.6mm|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Blue Gulf/Orange / Large||08434446742897||L25219MS||210000095327|